addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The English-Speaking Parents of Paris Message Board › MOVING LONDON - PARIS 15th

MOVING LONDON - PARIS 15th

Claire C.
user 75525722
Paris, FR
Post #: 1
Hi Mums!
I am moving to Paris in the next few weeks, from London, with my 4 month old son, as his father's work has taken us there. We're going to live in the 15th, near Rue Saint Charles, is anyone else nearby? Hope so, would love to meet for a decaf coffee and hear about the area from a mum/baby perspective!
Also if anyone can recommend a good removals co for London-Paris that'd be great.
Claire
A former member
Hi Claire,
I currently live in the 15th but unfortunately we're moving too in the next few weeks just outside of Paris. The 15th is a lovely area though and you'll meet loads of British / English speaking mums here! There are always lots of things going on via this website and also through the Message website http://www.messagepar...­, not sure if you've heard of it but they arrange coffee mornings etc by areas so you can meet lots of mums in your area.
Good luck with the move!
Susie
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi
I also live in the 15th! we came a month ago also because of my husband's job. I have a 2 year old. Maybe we can see for a coffee one day. =)
Good luck !
Claire C.
user 75525722
Paris, FR
Post #: 2
Hi - that wd be great to meet, i'm currently in paris til 12 feb, then i'll be back in march or april but if u happen to be around to meet in feb then that wd be lovely? claire
Julieta C.
user 77077312
Paris, FR
Hi Claire,

I just moved from London as well. We were living in Chiswick and now we are in the 5th arr since 2 weeks ago.

I heard that the 15, 16 and 17 is great for children but I havent been there yet.

There is a gymbooree and a pool for babies there. I also joined a class called Kidjam which is great for toddlers.

Good luck with the move,

Julieta
A former member
Post #: 8
Hi Claire, I am in the 15th as well. There are nice little squares and parks dotted around and the Keller swimming pool is nice as well. My kids are 6, 4 and 6 months, and I am the trailing spouse but I am currently looking for work. We've been here since last July, and I think I am finally finding my feet (sort of). Keen for a coffee? Come over to mine! Send me a message and I'll send you my contact details.
A former member
Post #: 8
Hi
Sorry I didnt see your reply. But we weren't in Paris in February and March. We just came back a few days ago.
Let me know =)
A former member
Post #: 13
Seems to be a lot of 15eme Mums! Was wondering if we can organise some kind of meet-up? Especially this week of school holidays (in miserable weather)
Claire C.
user 75525722
Paris, FR
Post #: 4
Good idea, I'll post one for Friday as then it's not a bank holiday, and hope that the weather has cheered up by then! There's a bistro near a park near me, which might be nice, or otherwise we could do a meet up at Le Petit Bazar, I can post a meet-up meeting and ask people to state where they'd like to meet maybe?