|Sent on:||Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:41 AM|
Just a quick note to wish you all Happy Holidays. We’ll organize some sort of get-together in January riff on people’s New-Year enthusiasm for career betterment and the dying embers of seasonal socialising, but until then I wish you all a great break and the best possible start to 2013.
There are a couple of very interesting things on the discussion board – a cocktail event this evening (Thursday) and a note regarding summer jobs as a concert tour guide for example.
I have also created a page on meetup.com/english-teachers-in-paris for people to put a short professional bio. This is for the case where one member becomes aware of a job for a teacher with a particular profile and would like to search the other members of the group for someone suitable.
So if you would like to put your details on this page, please do so - of course there's no obligation. I have set the properties so that only logged-in members can access this page.
Otherwise it only remains for me to wish you all a fantastic and restful festive period, and a profitable and happy new year!
DIRECTORY OF ENGLISH TEACHERS (access via "Pages" at the top of the group website)
You can include whatever info you like - my bio is below. I would make the following suggestions:
- Don't put your email address, otherwise you may get targetted by spammers. If you really want to, write it out phonetically - "jeqn dot brodie at hot mail dot com" for example. Remember people can contact you through the website if necessary, or by phone.
- Do include your Meet Up user name - if your user name is abbreviated or cryptic you might want to put your real name but again, your shout.
- Include a little practical info maybe, as you see fit.
- Mention what sort of leads you may be interested in - teaching kids, business English, translation work, séjours linguistiques, in-company only or whatever.
- Briefly list your specialist areas, qualifications etc.
Sean Roe (on this webpage as Sean Leaf - long story) - s/e concentrating on in-company teaching - I don't do private lessons for individuals. My specialist subjects: insurance (I worked in reinsurance for 15 years), economics, finance - also the wine trade. In particular I write and deliver workshops; half-day, full-day or longer. Contact:[masked] - www.anglais-professionnel.com