English teachers in Paris Message Board › Best EFL websites?

Best EFL websites?

Amanda
user 114470142
Paris, FR
Post #: 1
Hello friends! I'm just get started teaching EFL and would love any suggestions for good websites with resources, whether games, activities, practice, or instruction. I teach kids and adults right now.

Thank you!
Amanda
Andrew C.
user 63593862
Louviers, FR
Post #: 2
Hi Amanda,
The crucial thing here is what level you're teaching, whether in groups or individual lessons, and what sort of English - business/technical/etc. I use the BBC site quite a lot with adults as it provides many different activities for all sorts of levels, and students can use it for 'homework' as well. Personally I use 'Words in the News' quite a bit - it gives you a short audio clip with the full text and vocabulary available, so can be used for comprehension/vocabulary/idiomatic language/etc. Some useful quizzes and interactive pages as well. Explore the site.
Amanda
user 114470142
Paris, FR
Post #: 2
Thank you, Andrew! So far I have young kids and an adult, so I'm really looking for a variety of resources. I will definitely check out your suggestions.