Figueres, located in the north-eastern Catalonia, is the largest city near the border with France. It is the capital of Alt Empordà, a beautiful Catalan county with amazing beaches (Costa Brava) and impressive landscape. The city of Figueres (not nice) is very popular because there is the fantastic Museum of the Catalan painter Salvador Dalí, who was born in the city.
Inaugurated in 1974, the Dalí Theatre-Museum was atop the remains of the former Theatre of Figueres, and contains a broad spectrum of works covering the artistic career of Salvador Dalí [masked]), from his early artistic experiences and his creations within the sphere of surrealism through to works dating from the last year of his life.
The Dalí Theatre-Museum has to be seen as a whole, as the great work of Salvador Dalí, since it was conceived of and designed by the artist in order to offer visitors a genuine experience that would take them into his entrancing and unique world.
The fortress of Sant Ferran
Few people know that the town has one of the largest military forts in Europe, the spectacular Sant Ferran Castle.
It is possible to visit the moats, the countermines, its majestic stables or to submerge into what is called the water cathedral, the huge cisterns of the arms square.
THE GRAND PLAN
- 8.25 am: Meet at Passeig de Gràcia Renfe train station (on the corner between Aragó street and Pau Claris street) to get the tickets (the Regional train leaves at 8:46 am from Barcelona arriving to Figueres at 11:01 am). So please, be on time!
- Have a quick coffee/ breakfast.
- 12:00: Visit to impressive Sant Ferran fortress
- 14:OO: Have lunch
- 16:00 Visit to Dalí Museum
- 18.56pm: take the train back arriving in Barcelona at 20.41pm
TOTAL PRICE: 48 euros (this price includes a train return ticket -25,40 euros-, entrance to Fortress -3 euros-, entrance to Dalí Museum -12 euros- and guided visit/ org. fee -8 euros-).
MINIMUM 5 PEOPLE!!!