Enjoy Outside - Cleveland Pages
Enjoy Outside - Cleveland was created for a simple purpose: to build friendships around a shared experience in the beautiful wilderness that surrounds us.
Dogs are usually fine to bring along on our hikes. If the organizer decides to disallow dogs on a particular hike, it will be stated in the hike description.
Group hiking ethic
Here are some of the basic safety protocols our group will practice while on the trail:
- Since the pace a group is dictated by it's slowest member, we will take periodic rest stops, waiting until everyone's breathing has returned to normal before continuing on.
- Group size will be limited to a manageable number. For a single leader, expect hikes to be limited to ~12 people. For hikes with multiple leaders present, this may increase (one leader will take "sweep", acting as the tail).
- The head of the group should usually be within visual distance of the tail. If the group is too "strung out", leader will call for the head to wait so we can gather again. If another leader is acting as tail, we may allow a bit more "stretch" to the group.
- We will stop and gather at all trail branchings and intersections, regardless of the number of leaders present.
- We will not abandon you, or leave you behind.
While there will likely be extra discs to be had on any given outing, bring your own if you can. They don't need to be discs made specifically for disc golf - a normal Frisbee will do just fine.Frisbee / Outdoor games
We're just getting together to have a good time. You don't need to be good, or even know how to play! We're here to enjoy friendly, casual gameplay.