Brandywine Falls is one of the highlights of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, housing the most impressive waterfall in the Lake Erie Watershed.
Where to meet
Meet at the Brandywine Falls Parking Lot right near the falls.
What to expect
We will hike the Brandywine Gorge Trail, a portion of the Stanford Trail, and pass by Averill Pond. The difficulty of this trail is intermediate. We'll probably be out for around and hour and a half.
Brandywine Falls Map
Dogs are welcome on this hike.
Group hiking ethic
Here are some of the basic safety protocols our group will practice while on the trail:
- Since the pace a group is dictated by it's slowest member, we will take periodic rest stops, waiting until everyone's breathing has returned to normal before continuing on.
- Group size will be limited to a manageable number. For a single leader, expect hikes to be limited to ~12 people. For hikes with multiple leaders present, this may increase (one leader will take "sweep", acting as the tail).
- The head of the group should usually be within visual distance of the tail. If the group is too "strung out", leader will call for the head to wait so we can gather again. If another leader is acting as tail, we may allow a bit more "stretch" to the group.
- We will stop and gather at all trail branchings and intersections, regardless of the number of leaders present.
- We will not abandon you, or leave you behind.