There has been a lot of discussion in the press and inside business organizations on the role and implementation of the cloud style of computing to best support both small and large businesses in these turbulent times. Numerous factors such as computing models, risk, architecture, scalability, cost and support enter into the decision on how, what level and when to implement cloud computing for an organization.
At the next EntreTech Forum come and listen to our panel of cloud computing practitioners and experts discuss the key current issues in cloud computing as well as how to develop and implement a holistic approach to effectively implement cloud computing in your business. Our panelists will discuss the trends in cloud computing, the risks, security issues, etc. associated with cloud computing as well as review industry best practices for today and how to plan for the future. They will present the framework and factors to be considered to develop a strategy and plan for your organization to take advantage of the benefits of cloud computing both today and in the future. Additionally, they will discuss of what they are actually doing with IaaS, SaaS and PaaS, including the business requirements/opportunities that are being addressed, the lessons learned from the associated implementations and the extent to which projected benefits have actually been realized.
Whether you are in the process of implementing cloud computing, thinking about implementing cloud computing, designing and building products and services to make cloud computing easier or more effective or just want to know more about this important topic come and join us for an exciting and interactive discussion.
Mr. John P. Morency
Research Vice President, IT Leaders Systems, Security & Risk
John Morency is Gartner’s lead analyst for cloud-based recovery and resiliency services and has assisted over 2,000 client organizations with the implementation and management of disaster recovery, business continuity and IT resilience. He has nearly forty years of software development, IT operations and IT consulting experience in the systems, applications and network management arenas, including operations recovery, availability, performance, configuration, security and regulatory compliance management. He is a load balancing technology patent holder, a pioneer of IT Operations Cost of Ownership assessment methodologies, the author of over 625 IT industry publications, is a frequent presenter at Gartner conferences and was previously a faculty member of the Emergency Management program at Boston University.
John Humphreys VP, Sales & Marketing Egenera
John Humphreys brings more than a decade of technology experience to his role as VP, Sales & Marketing and has global responsibility for brand awareness, lead generation, sales enablement, product marketing, and channel development.
Prior to joining Egenera, Humphreys was senior director, Data Center and Cloud Marketing at Citrix Systems. There he drove efforts around virtualization and cloud and had responsibility for developing marketing strategy, defining packaging and pricing, leading program execution, driving customer engagements and pre-sales activity, and acting as a primary spokesperson. Prior to Citrix, Humphreys founded and was vice president of the virtualization practice at IDC, a global information technology research firm.
Matthew J. Putvinski CPA, CISA, CISSP
Matt is a Partner and Director of Wolf & Company, P.C.’s Information Technology (IT) Assurance Services group where he and his group provides guidance to clients around ITcontrols, information security, the development and implementation of critical technology processes, and strategic technology planning. Additionally, Matt is the Chief Information Security Officer for the Firm ensuring that Wolf & Company institutes the same information security best practices we stress with our clients. Matt joined Wolf & Company, P.C. in 2000. Prior to joining Wolf, he worked with MEDITECH, a medical information technology company, where he was responsible for the programming, implementation and support of medical information systems. Matt has 18 years of experience in the technology industry. Matt earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Bryant University. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and a Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
Tom Boggiano, Sr.Director of Information Technology, Charles River Labs
application deployment,and infrastructure. He has the demonstrated and proven ability to lead large-scale initiatives to drive global business growth through process improvement, problem solving, organization and technology redesign delivering bottom line results.
Some of the major projects Tom has led include:
Design, implement, maintain and support IT infrastructure for all enterprise level systems.
• Architected and consolidated 23 data centers into 4 regional computing centers and hosted centers; resulting in standardization of all IT SOP’s and processes. This effort resulted in removal of 17 computer rooms and over $700,000 of IT expenses per year. Most recently, Tom consolidated the primary and DR data centers moving DR to the cloud with a net savings of $1 million dollars a year in expenses
• Developed Disaster Recovery plan and implemented the technology and processes for data protection resulting in system RPO of under 5 min and RTO under 1 hour for business critical systems
• Created the plan for a global SAP ERP implementation, including installation of the infrastructure, application, and Databases.
• Architected, designed and installed a new computing infrastructure for all facilities around the world. This included network infrastructure (wired and wireless), network security, as well as application selection and validation. Components of the systems included design of Voice over IP telephone network operating across the existing company’s WAN, and provisioning of secure Guest/Client network access 7 Facilities in the North America, 1 in Shanghai and 2 in Europe use this design package.
• Designed and implemented a virtual computing delivery platform that allowed services to be delivered from the most appropriate center of excellence across the company, eliminating previous reliance on multiple instances of applications running at multiple locations. All Tier 1 applications are virtual.
• Delivered and operated several business and specialized scientific applications
PLEASE NOTE THE LOCATION OF THIS MEETING
Constant Contact, Reservoir Place,
1601 Trapelo Road,
Waltham, MA 02451
Meeting Time: 6:30 - 9:30 pm
$25 public, $10 students
and active military; Promotional Registrations