Fw: Solar One is hiring: Director of Programs
Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:26 AM
|For the members who would be interested in this position or pass it along to someone who would be interested.|
|Job Description - Director of Programs|
directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs is
responsible for the oversight and delivery of all of Solar One's
programs. These include Solar One's K-12 Education Program, Green
Workforce Training Program, Energy Connections Program, Arts Program and
Events. The Director
of Programs will work with the Managers of each program to insure that
the programs are delivering high quality programming that meets the
requirements of funders, contractual obligations
and the overall organizational strategic plan. In addition, the
individual will be responsible for representing the organization in
public meetings and events.
- Management of all Solar One Program staff (currently 6 full-time)
- Insuring that all programs meet all grant and contractual obligations
- Insure adequate quality control of all program delivery
- Identify synergies across programs
- Develop policies where program and policy interests intersect
- Prepare and monitor budgets and forecasts
- Work with the development staff in identifying and cultivating new funding sources for each program area
- Expand or develop new programs when appropriate
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health, disability, 403b retirement plan, etc.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment
- 5+ years project management experience in for profit or not-for-profit arena (PMI Certification a plus)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with securing government contracts and working within public sector
- Minimum of BA or equivalent, Master's Degree preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
Send resumes to Jamie Paquette at [address removed].
Please no phone inquiries. Position will remain open until it is filled.
"Solutions for a Better Environment"
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Babylon-NY/American-Environmental-Assessment-Solutions-Inc/79737445807
Join us on twitter: http://twitter.com/NYC_Environment