This humanist community meets weekly, and also has special events and other activities throughout the year. We welcome newcomers or visitors of all ages and backgrounds to Meetup with us for any or all of these things, as we work together to make a more just, sustainable and humane society – and enjoy each other’s company.
There are several ways you can participate:
· Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. we gather for “platform,” with a different featured speaker and topic each week, on a wide variety of topics. Our overall theme is how best to live ethical and moral lives, and that doing so does not require belief in a god
· Children’s classes meet each Sunday at the same time as the adults. The Ethical Education program is designed for kids in grades K through 8, and there is also childcare for younger children.
· Charitable and social justice projects (see calendar).
· First Friday Film series features documentaries on a variety of subjects.
· Social gatherings including potlucks, game nights, and secular holiday festivals (see calendar).
For more information, visit our website at www.ethicalsocietywestchester.org
A Welcoming Home for Humanists
2 days ago · 10:30 AM
Jim Scott, Folksinger!
The Program today will be:
Jim Scott – “Gaia, Mother Earth and the Oneness of Everything.”
Jim will perform original songs and readings with his personal reflections on... Learn more
May 22 · 10:30 AM
Adventures in Ethical Activism
Platform program with Bart Worden, Leader of the Ethical Culture Society of Westchester.
As Leader, Bart represents the Society in numerous social action organizations,... Learn more
May 15 · 10:30 AM
Weekly Sunday meeting
MEETING THIS WEEK AT THE ETHICAL CULTURE SOCIETY OF NEW YORK. 2 WEST 64 ST., MANHATTAN. 10:45. It's the 140th anniversary -- to the day -- of the New York Society, and... Learn more
May 8 · 10:30 AM
Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism
Platform presentation by Jennifer Greene, spokesperson for Beyond Carnism.
What is carnism ? It is the invisible belief system that shapes our perception of the meat and... Learn more
May 6 · 7:30 PM
First Friday Films Series: Documentaries that Mean Something
We are pleased to present:
Brick by Brick: A Civil Rights Story (2007)
The film is a one-hour made-for-television documentary about a contemporary American battle for... Learn more