addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

ETHICS & REALITY in Practice: Real People Talking Honestly Message Board › Ethical Philosophy: THIS Sunday, July 6...Independence Day Weekend on at HOL

Ethical Philosophy: THIS Sunday, July 6...Independence Day Weekend on at HOLLYWOOD Library

Richard M.
RichardMohley
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
To celebrate Independence Day, I thought we could look at America's crowning achievement in the liberty department, "Black Folk" or as Cliven Bundy calls them, "the Negro."
Bundy became famous with "I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro." President Obama quoted him, they were both hilarious.
So, I've read up a little on the seminal black history work The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois.  And, published at almost the same moment, The Clansman: An Historical Romance of the Klu Klux Klan which became W. F. Griffin's Birth of a Nation.  Also, Twelve Year A Slave, made recently into a movie by that name.  And to round it all out, a little modern day segregation philosophy.  It is posted on this site under More, Files.
Location, location, location:  HOLLYWOOD Branch of the Multnomah Library, 4040 NE Tillamook, in the Hollywood area, close to I-84.   10:30 AM, very quiet place, bring your own coffee or whatever.