Last year's summer picnic was a huge hit. Everyone had a great time and the ladder golf provided some fun entertainment. I bought lawn darts for this year to expand our gaming options. This is a great event for the whole family.
What To Bring
* a potluck dish to share (free of meat, dairy and eggs) (please bring more food the larger your group)
* a serving utensil for your dish
* an ingredient card for your dish (or the packaging if you buy a dish)
* a beverage for yourself if you want one
* a chair or blanket to sit on
I will supply eating utensils and paper plates, a big plastic trash bag, and name tags. I will also supply two card tables and table coverings for as many tables as we get. (I only own two tables, and we probably need at least one more.) The tables are for the food, not to sit at...
Volunteer Opportunities - Can You Help?
(1) Card Table - we will probably need 1 or 2 more card tables. If you can bring one, please let me know.
(2) Music - do you play the guitar or other group instrument? Feel free to bring it along if you would like to provide some entertainment.
(3) Lawn Games - if you have your own lawn game to bring - please do! Or even just a frisbee. I have one for sure, possibly 2, ladder golf sets. Plus the lawn darts.
(4) Permit Work - if we get a permit with the city of Eugene, more than 20 people can particpate. The permit costs money (I think: $15 plus a security deposit) and there is some paperwork to fill out. But last year we had the full 20 people. It would have been nice to open this event up to more people. If you are willing to spend a bit of money and do some paperwork, please let me know!
(5) Clean Up - can you stay at the end of the event to help me make sure the area is cleaned up and get my tables back in my car?
To the left (when facing the playground from the street) of the "River Play Discovery Area" (fancy playground) in Skinner's Butte park. About a short block away are some nice trees/shade. This site is nice for being a central location for most of our members.
Here is Eugene's page for the play area:
20 people is the limit unless someone volunteers to do the permit thing. Meetup will maintain a waiting list and automatically sign up people on the waiting list if someone drops out.
NOTE: I will be sending out a last minute e-mail on Wednesday, June 18 with further instructions on location and other important details. If you do not get that e-mail, be sure to let me know so that I can send you another copy. Some people have reported problems with Meetup E-mails getting through. If you need to get an e-mail from me, let me know by e-mailing me directly from the 'send e-mail' link on my Member page. Include your personal e-mail and/or phone so that I can be sure to get the e-mail to you outside of the Meetup site.