Eugene Veggies Message Board › Portland VegFest 2013

Portland VegFest 2013

JJ
user 37645002
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 10
September Events: There will be at most one Eugene Veggies event in September. That's because I want to encourage everyone to go to the Portland VegFest Conference, September 21 and 22. I can't tell you enough how great the event is. I'll be there separately, but I wanted to make it easy for people to carpool if interested. So, I'm putting this item on the discussion board.

If you want to carpool, post notices here.

For more information about VegFest:
http://nwveg.org/vegf...­

Liz
user 82401382
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
I am going to go to Veg Fest this year, probably by train. I have never been, so don't know if I should be there both days, or if it's something that can be cruised in a couple of hours like the Eugene Home Show, or if it is an all-day thing.

Has anybody been there who would like to share experiences and how they "worked" the festival to get the most out of it?

Thanks,
Liz.
JJ
user 37645002
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 11
Liz: I hope others will reply to your post. I'll go ahead and share my opinion too.

I find VegFest to be like many other conferences I have been to. I end up planning my participation based on the speakers. There are different speakers both days and usually there is at least one speaker on each day that I really want to see. Plus, I don't seem to get bored going through the booths and book store and sitting in on the cooking demos when I'm not listening to the speakers. So, for me, it is worth doing both days.

That said, if you are only interested in going one day, I think you can get a whole lot of benefit out of that. I would suggest checking out the speakers. If you are mostly happy with going on Saturday, then plan for Saturday. And then, if you liked it so much, you still have the option of going on Sunday.

I'll also point out to people: If you volunteer for at least one three-hour shift, you can get in for free for both days. (Of course, it is the travel cost and time that is the big deal. But now that the admission are $8/day - a big increase over previous years, the admissions price is something to to think about too.)

Hope that was helpful.