Events in Miami Parks Message Board › "Fresh" the movie

"Fresh" the movie

user 2484574
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 1,128
I am co-hosting a screening of Fresh the movie tomorrow night. Sorry it's such short notice but I forgot to put it on here sooner. Here's the information in case any of you want to go. I had an opportunity to see the movie recently and it is really fantastic. Hope to see you there!

Time Friday, December 17 · 7:30pm - 10:30pm

Location Artspace MAGQ
8747 SW 134 ST
Miami, FL 33176

More Info: Tickets are $10.00 (includes movie and discussion on local food). All proceeds will be donated to local non-profit organizations. Space is limited and tickets will be sold on first come basis. So come early and enjoy the artwork while you wait. Screening is being held at Artspace MAGQ, an art gallery which will be hosting an art exhibit about food on this evening. Please RSVP for this event so we can have enough seating for everyone. If you would like to learn more about the movie go to

About "FRESH":

"FRESH" celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet. Among several main characters, "FRESH" features urban farmer and activist, Will Allen, the recipient of MacArthur's 2008 Genius Award; sustainable farmer and entrepreneur, Joel Salatin, made famous by Michael Pollan's book, The Omnivore's Dilemma; and supermarket owner, David Ball, challenging our Wal-Mart dominated economy. How do I see "FRESH"? *We are currently not selling individual copies of the DVD, rather, we are selling various sized screening licenses which give you the right to screen the film in front of an audience, whether it be to raise funds for a particular cause or organization, or simply to educate. We believe that a positive change to the sustainable food movement is going to largely be the result of groups of people rallying together and we want "FRESH" to be something for groups to engage around. We want "FRESH" to be an activist tool.