Jan 21, 2010 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Topic: What is reality?
Per Wikipedia the philosophical meaning of "reality" is a. something that exists independently of ideas concerning it. b. something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.
While thinking on this topic, here are some questions I derived:
1. How do I know that something is real?
2. How much of my reality is a product of my thinking, my belief systems, my memory or my experience?
3. Is my reality the same as your reality?
4. Is there anything that is truly real outside of the current moment? This is sorta like "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it, does it make a sound?"
5. What role does "faith" play in shaping my reality?
6. Is it possible for anything to exist independently of the ideas concerning it?
Here is a proposed reading "Other minds" by Alec Hyslop http://plato.stanford...]