April 10, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Boredom comes in many shapes and flavors. It's a trivial emotional state that we tend to take for granted. But what if boredom wasn't really all that boring?
• What is boredom? Are there different kinds?
• Is boredom a learned behavior or is it innate?
• Does it follow from boredom that merely existence isn't enough to satisfy us? What does that say about humanity?
• What is the relationship between boredom and creativity?
• What is the relationship between boredom and self awareness?
• What is the relationship between boredom and other negative psychological states such as anxiety and depression?
• How might we harness boredom to work for us rather than against us?
Location and Price:
This meetup will be just outside the cafe inside Half-Price Books (near the fish tank). There is also a suggested (but by no means mandatory) $2 donation to help cover the cost of maintaining this meetup group.