Sep 11, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
It seems obvious that we have the right to do with our bodies as we see fit, but why?
• What does "Bodily Rights" mean?
• Where do they come from? What is their justification?
• What are the boundaries of these rights? Where are the boundaries between one individual and another? Between one individual and society?
• Are there instances where a society has a justified claim over the use of another's body such as mandatory vaccines, suicide prevention, or prison?
• What about drug use? Abortion? Euthanasia? Prostitution? Organ sales?
Location and Price:
This meetup will be just outside the cafe inside Half-Price Books (near the fish tank). There is also a suggested (but by no means mandatory) $2 donation to help cover the cost of maintaining this meetup group.