Exeter Web Meetup Message Board › 2014, What do you want from Exeter Web?

2014, What do you want from Exeter Web?

John N.
user 13792111
Exeter, GB
Post #: 4
Exeter Web has been running for about 3 years now, properly for the past 12-18 months. We'd like your feedback, suggestions and comments. "Its amazing" is good for our egos, but constructive comments are better for the community.

Cheers,
Jack, John and Rob
Paul R.
user 75775562
Exeter, GB
Post #: 1
Exeter Web is great. I've attended a few now and it's good to see a growing number of people attend.

Sometimes, the speakers to tend to just talk about anything and not necessarily web focused. It does seem a bit random and disjointed. There was a talk about someones art project. While a good project, it didn't really relate to the web.

I think organisers also need to recognise new members and introduce them to people. Try to make it more of a community after the talks rather than a free for all.

Others may not echo my thoughts but feel free to comment.

Paul
Alex F.
AlexFurness
Exeter, GB
Post #: 2
Hey John, the few times I've been thought was great.

Perhaps on the networking side of things, a constructive idea may be… After the presentation could separate 'the herd' from those wanting to network and make contacts in the city, do a business card swap, introductions for say 10-15 mins etc… and those there who are more casual there to learn and chinwag and have a beer only go straight to the bar and can skip that bit.

Cheers.
Maria
Maria123
London, GB
Post #: 1
Yes, I think Alex's suggestion is good - I think it's called 'speed-networking', where you chat to people briefly and swop cards if appropriate. Means that there's a greater chance of meeting people you connect with professionally rather than just chatting to a few folks at the bar (though that's great too, obv!)