addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Expats in Oslo Message Board Expats in Oslo Discussion Forum › Working in Oslo

Working in Oslo

A former member
Post #: 1
Hei, alle sammen!

So just a few days ago, I moved here to Oslo. My family are originally from here, but are spaced between here, the US and Scotland. And I can now say I have lived in all of those places too! However, the pressing matter now that I am here is work. I want/need to find a job. Unfortunately, I am unable to speak Norwegian but I am learning, and intend on taking classes somewhere in January.

Does anyone out there have any experience on where to look this time of year for an English-only speaker?

Takk!

Tor
Andrew Y.
user 95389822
Oslo, NO
Hi Tor,

How did you get on with your search for a job and your classes? I am in the same situation as you having just arrived and looking for a job without knowing the language. Ironically I have also lived in Edinburgh for many years. If you have any pointers or advice that would be great and if you need someone to meet up with to practice Norwegian in Oslo I need all the help I can get!

Andrew Yirrell
A former member
Hey Andrew and Tor,

Trust you are both well, read thru your messages and guess am in the saem boat any ideas on how to go abt this will be much appreciated

Cheers
P
Megan S.
user 96210442
Oslo, NO
Hi Tor,

I guess I'm in the same situation as all 3 of you having just moved here in July and being Zimbabwean but, having lived in London for the last 15 years, the only language I speak is English. Do you have any tips / advice on how to get work?

Many thanks