align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Expats Meet Dutchies Message Board › last Meet up + RSVP + poll

last Meet up + RSVP + poll

Lexy 'the curly g.
user 16467171
Amsterdam, NL
Hi everyone!

Hope you made some great plans for tonight and tomorrow's Qday :).

LAST MEET UP

Just wanted to thank everyone for a lovely evening last Friday. Although only 13 Buddies attended the Meet up, the vibe and ambiance was great.

RSVP

Just wanted to ask you to decline your RSVP in time. Please be aware that I have to make arrangements with the venue owners and that I will be charged personally for certain costs (snacks, some times location costs) if the amount of people I have confirmed doesn't show up.

We received complementary drinks last Friday but I needed to unfortunately cancel the snacks. Luckily the group managed themselves to get some beer nuts.

From now on I will close the RSVP list 24 hours before the meet up. Of course you are able to join last minute, you are always welcome but now I hope to have a better view on what to agree on with the venue's owners.

I need to do this to make sure your Expats meet Dutchies Meet up Experience stays of high quality. And of course not to go bankrupt ;). Hope you all understand.

Poll

I am curious which venue you like most and which area in Amsterdam is your most favorite one. Would you please be so kind to fill in the 2 polls that I made on our site? Click here! Thanks in avance.

That's it for now! Don't forget to wear something Orange ;).

Sunny greetings,

Lexy 'the curly girl'
Andrew (.
user 10947705
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 5
Lexia,

I for one greatly enjoy your meetups, and think you are a great host. The problem here is simple "fixture conjestion"smile. Everyone seems to pick the last Friday of the month and we end-up with three weekends with no meetups, and one with five etc! Perhaps if you linked-up with other popular meetups such as Summer's, then if he does Friday, you do Saturday, or perhaps the following week, and then I am sure you would get more attendees?
You have picked some great venues to date, and the following things are always important to me:
1. Close to public-transport as I have to travel for nearly an hour to get to Amstelveen and have to always consider last bus/tram etc.
2. Larger venues such as Cafe Luxembourg or Wildschut as it is easier to meet and mingle. When the room is small it is hard to move around.
Please keep up the good work!
Lexy 'the curly g.
user 16467171
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 4
Hi Andrew,

thanks for your note, really appreciate this! A brief response on your suggestions:
Your suggestion to link up with Summer is a bit too tricky for me. They have several organizers and not everything is scheduled far ahead. My planning would depend on them and that's just not what I want. I choose to organize drinks in the early evening (9-11pm) so everyone is able to go to several Meet ups. Start with early drinks and great conversations to end up on the dance floor elsewhere. But maybe I could consider to move the meet ups to the first Friday of the months as of September 2013.

I agree on your comment that reachability is important. I am happy to say my venues Stanislavski and Little Buddha are central.

I don't agree on larger venues since the venues where I host the drinks now are large enough for the amount of people who attend the drinks. Stanislavski --> Passage Bar 70 persons, Du-Cap --> 100 persons, Little Buddha --> even more. So I don't think that's the problem.

But ... I must say: apart from the month of April, all the other meet ups where visited by a great amount of people ( approx 50 ) so I hope it's nothing 'personal' wink. However if people dislike the venue Du-Cap I would like to hear about that very much, so I could skip that venue for future Meet ups.

Once again thanks Andrew, hopefully till soon again!

Lexy

Lexia,

I for one greatly enjoy your meetups, and think you are a great host. The problem here is simple "fixture conjestion"smile. Everyone seems to pick the last Friday of the month and we end-up with three weekends with no meetups, and one with five etc! Perhaps if you linked-up with other popular meetups such as Summer's, then if he does Friday, you do Saturday, or perhaps the following week, and then I am sure you would get more attendees?
You have picked some great venues to date, and the following things are always important to me:
1. Close to public-transport as I have to travel for nearly an hour to get to Amstelveen and have to always consider last bus/tram etc.
2. Larger venues such as Cafe Luxembourg or Wildschut as it is easier to meet and mingle. When the room is small it is hard to move around.
Please keep up the good work!