Expats Meet Dutchies Message Board › Hello again! Beware...large email with info for the year 2013-2014!

Hello again! Beware...large email with info for the year 2013-2014!

Lexy 'the curly g.
user 16467171
Amsterdam, NL
Hi everyone,

How are you doing? Enjoyed your holiday break? I did! I stayed in the Netherlands, enjoyed the lovely weather during my days at the office ☹ and went to the park, beach and festivals during the weekends!

I am looking forward to organize my drinks again until at least June next year. Which reminds me … pencil down Friday 27 September @ Du-Cap Amsterdam! The concept stays the same … I’ll be hosting my drinks every last Friday of the month in one of my favorite venues in Amsterdam.

This note will be a large one and I promise you… I will not make a habit of it.
I have a few announcements to make so please grab something to snack & drink and read the info carefully.

Venue Stanislavski
I made a great deal with the venue Stanislavski on Leidseplein…. We are going to move our location from the Passage Bar to the Ajax (named after Amsterdam’s soccer team) Foyer upstairs! And yes….it’s a wonderful location at Stanislavski! We are able to host drinks up to 150 persons in a spacious, legendary and styleful area. We have access to a wonderful terrace (for smokers & great weather) where we will be having a great view on the Leidseplein from upstairs! I will be hosting drinks at Stanislavski as of October 2013 until at least February 2014.

I am looking for co-hosts who are able to assist me during the events from September 2013 – June 2014. If you have the same passion as I have for connecting people, I am looking for YOU! :) Please let me know if you are interested. Just send me an email via: expatsmeetdutchies@gmail.com or via Meet up. A little secret… it’s THE best way to get to know everyone in one evening and to meet your potential new friends!

Contribution of 1 euro
We have a wonderful group and passed the magical 1000 Buddy members in July! Thank you for your confidence in my group. As most of our new Buddy members may not know, the people of Meet Up charge me a due to actually being able to schedule events online. Why do I pay an Organizer Due? This is how Meet up.com is able to pay the bills for running this website.

I pay the fee from my own pocket including the administrative costs as copies attendee lists, stickers, postcards, funny give a ways and most of the time the complimentary snacks during our drinks.

I do this all from a fun point of view but it’s getting a little out of hand, especially when people don’t show up on meet ups where they said they'd join. I wanted to let the newbies know that in 2012 I’ve started to ask for a contribution of 1 euro when you arrive at the venue. Luckily everyone understands my situation. Actually by receiving this contribution I am still able to keep on organizing drinks for Expats and Dutchies!

It is always possible you can’t make it to an event after all. I totally understand that but I would kindly ask you to change your RSVP into NO when you can’t make it. Why? The venues (and also I) where I host the drinks are counting on you when you’ve RSVP’d YES. I arrange snacks and sometimes a free first drink, but the venues are counting on us concerning their staff. So when I have a number of 100 RSVP’s, I count on 100 people. When only 25 show up, not only I but also the venue has a sort of a financial problem. Please take this into consideration when you hit the RSVP button. New rule: When you don’t change it and you don’t show up three times, I am going to erase you from the group. Sorry, need to be tough as of now.

App Meet up.com
Did you know Meet up has their own app? Search for it in the Itunes store, its FREE! You can change your RSVP immediately when you decide to last minute join or cancel! It’s also handy to upload the pics you made from the eve.

I’ve created a new website during the summer and it’s called… expatsmeetdutchies.wordpress.com.­[/url] Here I’ll be posting our events as well as of September 2013 but will also ad some fun stuff and tell you a little bit about myself. You are more than welcome to send the site to your friends, leave some comments or to send me great stuff I could upload on the site as an A-Z listing via the contactform on the website.

Looking for a job in ICT: Check RAVE-cruitment
Looking for a great and fun language institute in Amsterdam: Check Koentact language school.

So…. This is it! Pencil down our first meet up in September…it’s the 27th! Looking forward to meet you!

Lexy – ‘the curly girl’