Nia FUNdamentals with Julie Wylie If you have been wanting to experience Nia Technique, but have been unsure about joining a regular class or just want a better idea of what it is all about—here’s your chance!
Join Julie Wylie for a Nia FUNdamentals Workshop Saturday, January 5th, 2:00 to 3:30pm.
In this class, you'll learn the basic principles, stances and steps of any Nia routine. You'll have the opportunity to ask questions. You will move at your own pace in order to experience the Joy of Movement. Wear comfortable clothing in which you can move freely, bring a yoga mat (if you have one), a bottle of water, and, your most fun attitude!! No special shoes needed—Nia is done barefoot.
Nia is the “Love Your Body Workout!” The most advanced form of fusion fitness, Nia combines: •martial arts—Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi,
•dance arts—Jazz Dance, Modern Dance, Duncan Dance
•healing arts—Yoga, Alexander Technique, The Feldenkreis Method to create a fun, uplifting, and synergistic workout that no isolated exercise technique can match.
More than "working out," Nia also incorporates mental and emotional components such as introspection, visualization and vocal expression. The result is a total body and life makeover that leads to falling in love with moving and living in one's body.
“An emotional fitness odyssey, Nia is just plain exhilarating.”—The New York Times
“This lyrical, dance-like routine is deceptively powerful, delivering a high-powered workout that will leave you strong and centered.” –Health Magazine
WHY PRACTICE NIA?
1. Nia increases the pleasure of living in your body.
2. Nia creates weight loss & proper weight maintenance.
3. Nia strengthens muscles, improves muscle tone, & increases muscle definition.
4. Nia calms the mind & relieves stress.
5. Nia improves endurance.
6. Nia increases grace, flexibility and endurance. $20 at the door Follow this link to preregister and save $5 ($15 event presale price) http://therhythmstudio.com/events/