addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Exploring NYC History and Neighborhoods Message Board › Cancelling Brooklyn Meetup for Saturday, July 6th!

Cancelling Brooklyn Meetup for Saturday, July 6th!

Hank O.
user 79290392
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi all,
Due to the hot weather advisory continuing Saturday I am cancelling this Brooklyn meetup and will reschedule for September or October.  This is a long outdoor walk which will be infinitely more enjoyable in more comfortable weather!  I am bit susceptible to heat exhaustion so I thank you for your understanding.  For those of you still game and not bothered by the heat feel free to visit the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens which is free on Saturday from 10am - 12 noon. You can have lunch there if you like.
If people would still like to go as group and enjoy the gardens - feel free to organize via posting announcements.
In the evening is a favorite New York happening:  first Saturdays at the Brooklyn museum: the museum and exhibit galleries are open until 11pm and at night there is live music, dancing and movies -- all free.  Links below to the Botanical Gardens and First Saturdays.
http://www.bbg.org/­
http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/visit/first_saturdays.php­
Best regards,
Hank
646-596-3005