addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Exploring NYC History and Neighborhoods Message Board › Instructions/Suggestions for our July 10th Harlem Meetup!

Instructions/Suggestions for our July 10th Harlem Meetup!

Hank O.
user 79290392
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi All,
Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday night at 6pm!  Please note the following:
If you take the 2/3 subway to 125th Street our starting point is right there.  The area by Starbucks gets pretty busy so I also suggest waiting to the side along 125th Street or Malcolm X Boulevard/Lenox Avenue rather than on the corner.
The live jazz outdoors at Grant's Tomb (free) runs from 7:00 - 8:30pm featuring the great sax player Houston Person and his ensemble.  Seating may be limited so feel free to bring something soft to sit on or at least something to cover the ground.
My goal is to keep the walk to 1 hr and 15 minutes so we can enjoy the music for a good hour.  There are some good dinner options in the neighborhood for people able to socialize afterwards. I will be making suggestions as I know the area eateries very well.
There are only 5 people on the waiting list so if you are not planning to come please change your status as the waiting list works automatically.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Cheers!
Hank
646-596-3005