Exploring NYC History and Neighborhoods Message Board › Days and Times for Fall and Winter Meet-Ups - Responses Requested by Hank

Days and Times for Fall and Winter Meet-Ups - Responses Requested by Hank

Paulette
paulettemarie
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
I always prefer week-end meet-ups, but as far as week-days go, Friday usually works best for me, at least at this point.

If the week-day walk is going to be a short one my preference is for a 4 p.m. start time though I'd be open to meeting at 2 or 3 p.m. for walks that run 3 to 4 hours. Alas, I personally will NEVER be able to attend early bird meet-ups (8 or 9 a.m start-times), either during the week or on week-ends

Re the days getting shorter, Hank mentioned during one of our meet-ups that in view of this he was thinking of scheduling some walks that would include - or conclude - with visits to indoor venues, like museums. I think this is a wonderful idea which could be expanded to include indoor venues like Grand Central Station and/or an optional dinner together after the meet-up (as we've had before, and I've always enjoyed immensely).

I'm also open to going on outdoor walks in the colder weather, even when the sun goes down! As we get closer to Thanksgiving & Christmas the City is particularly beautiful in the dark - i.e., decorated windows, the tree at Rockefeller Center, the Bryant Park Xmas shops, etc. I'm definitely not a fan of cold weather but I'm willing to bundle up - if Hank is - in order to experience the singular excitement of New York in the Holiday spirit.
joyce
user 13124804
Forest Hills, NY
Post #: 16
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Friday's work best for me. As to specific time, that depends on location of neighborhood as well as venue. I too am not a winter person but will venture out if the temps are above freezing.
Ellie
New York, NY
Post #: 9
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Thank you for the update. I work from home and never know my schedule, but the new scheduling could work well for me. Except for truly frigid weather, I'm prepared to walk comfortably in the cold. Budget is always a concern...but also flexible. So, please count me in...and thanks again!