ExpressionEngine Los Angeles Message Board › Call for LA ExpressionEngine presenters for Sept, Oct & Dec 2011

Call for LA ExpressionEngine presenters for Sept, Oct & Dec 2011

Kelly S.
Group Organizer
Torrance, CA
Hi Everyone!

I hope your holiday weekend was wonderful. I had a great time with family and friends, what better way to spend the holidays. And no work!

We had a wonderful meetup last month so I want to continue on into September. I'd like to see if any of you would be interested in presenting a topic related to ExpressionEngine. Don't be shy, even the smaller topics can be of great help to people.

Some ideas:

• Templating a website in EE
  • Version control in EE
  • Secure websites in EE
  • Upgrading from EE 1.x to EE 2
  • Fine tuning an EE website for speed
  • Planning an EE website. Channels, fields, templates etc.

Look at how you work and think about some areas that you feel pretty confident in. The only thing you have to do is show up and speak. NO need for complicated speeches, we're a casual group here.

If you happen to know someone in a related field that would be an interesting speaker for the group, please let me know.

Thanks, and have a great week!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Kelly, form a newbies perspective I'd love to see a presentation from a 10k foot level that shows all of the major phases in a "soup to nuts" fashion. No real detail in any one area, more of "these are the major phases, and a few bullet points on how each get done." I can't wait to get deeper into EE, I'm still skimming the surface. I'd love to give presentations once I have a grip on it.

My 2 Cents. All the best.

David Martinez
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd love to hear a presentation on the following topics:

How do I find the right EE developer for my project? How can I distinguish between a developer with average/mediocre abilities/experience versus advanced experience. Can a client really make an accurate assessment from past projects?

What should a client look for when interviewing prospective EE developers?