align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

ExpressionEngine Los Angeles Message Board › First ExpressionEngine Los Angeles meetup ideas needed

First ExpressionEngine Los Angeles meetup ideas needed

Kelly S.
kellysims
Group Organizer
Torrance, CA
Post #: 1
I'd like to get this going sooner than later, November preferred. Let me know what days work best, weekend or week day.

As a topic idea, I think a general meet and greet sounds good. Get to know who's who, what everyone's level of use in ExpressionEngine is and to gather ideas on future meetups.

I have two location ideas, both are area coworking spots. CoLoft in Santa Monica, and BLANKSPACES in Los Angeles. Both are great community-minded spots that like to provide space for these types of events. I'm definitely open to more.
Patrick B.
patbrumfield
Ladera Ranch, CA
November sounds great! Weekday (night?) is best, weekends would be tough for me.

Topic sounds great for a start. We can all pitch in about what we'd like to see and try to come to some sort of consensus.

While i'm up to drive to SM/LA, I'd be thrilled if we could bring it south a tad (Long Beach?), but perhaps it'll depend on where everyone's coming from. Also, does it make sense to try and meet over beer? Or maybe it's just me that thinks everything's a little better over beer.

Cheers Kelly! Looking forward to this.
Vik Y.
user 13174915
Pasadena, CA
Hi Folks.

First: Many thanks to Kelly for putting this group together. It's high time EE is represented in Los Angeles.

As far as time & place - BLANKSPACES is much preferable for me. Weekdays.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Best Regards,
vik
A former member
Post #: 4
i'm open for either place to meet. saturday works best but i can link up on a week day.
BJ Y.
user 13195175
Alhambra, CA
Thanks for starting the MeetUp group Kelly! I agree that a 'general meet and greet' is probably the best thing to do for our first MeetUp.

Doesn't have to be over beer -- but it can be-- (like Patrick said) but that kind of atmosphere may be better for a meet and greet.

November is great for me. Weekdays would be better but the weekends are ok too!

Look forward to mEEting everyone... I couldn't help it tongue
Kelly S.
kellysims
Group Organizer
Torrance, CA
Post #: 2
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try to put together some ideas on times and places this week.