Join me on an educational tour of the Chabad Lubavitch synagogue and Judaism where everyone is welcome to ask as many questions as they like. The tour will be complemented with a traditional Jewish meal in which participants can indulge themselves in fine Kosher cuisine as well as conversation.
When: Please arrive no later than 6:45pm. The event begins at 7pm and ends approximately at 9pm.
Where: Chabad Lubavitch of BC is located at 5750 Oak Street x West 41st Street in Vancouver. The location is transit accessible and parking can be found underground or along the streets wherever you can find them.
How to find us: We will be inside the lobby of the Chabad Lubavitch synagogue.
- Gefilte Fish (Fish Loaf)
- Tossed Salad
- Tzimmes (Sweet carrot salad)
- Challah Bread
- Chicken Soup with Matzah Balls
- Roasted Chicken
- Potato Kugel (Potato loaf)
- Meat Loaf (upon availability of beef)
- Roasted vegetables
- Spanish Rice
- We will meet and greet Rabbi Chalom Loeub at 7-7:15pm.
- From 7:15pm-8pm we will partake in the tour of the synagogue where everyone can ask questions and receive answers on Judaism.
- We will have a traditional Jewish Kosher meal from 8-9pm. Attendees are welcome to ask questions and receive answers here as well.
Event Purpose: Inspired by an awesome High School religion-themed field trip, and being 1/8 Jewish on my father's side, I've thought it would be cool to have an event in which attendees can not only learn about Judaism but taste real Kosher cuisine as well.
***Please Note: Since the synagogue is quite large and can accommodate a maximum of 150 people, I will not put a cap on the attendance. I will, however, encourage you to bring friends and family to this event. You do NOT have to be Jewish or of the Jewish faith to partake and enjoy this event!
Cost: $22 per person. Please prepay following your RSVP. Instructions are below.
As this event requires us to pay a couple days before the event for the exact number of attendees we are expecting, we will be requiring prepayment in order to sign up for this event. Once all spots have been filled and paid for, anybody still on the yes list who has not paid will be moved to the waiting list. Being on the yes list does not reserve you a spot for this event. Only being on the yes list and having paid will do that.
Payment is easy and does not require a Paypal account. Simply follow these instructions for paying:
- Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
- If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
- If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
If you have trouble paying by this method then please post a comment below and an organizer will help you out. If you do not have a credit card or a paypal account and yet would really like to attend this event then you can try contacting Ian to see if you can meet up at another event to make your payment in cash.
Refunds will only be issued if the event is cancelled, rescheduled or if the paying attendee has an emergency of some kind.