The future of money is here!
Let's all gather around Vancouver's first Bitcoin ATM, at Waves Coffee on Howe, to see what all the hoopla is about. Here you'll be even able to trade in your soon-to-be obsolete paper money for some sweet decentralized digital purchasing power!
Thanks to SFU Bitcoin Club and the Co-op, now you can witness all the new developments happening in Bitcoin land at COINFEST: Round 2. We've got way more exciting things to check out, and for you to participate in, including a Bitcoin Amazing Race!
CoinFest is a fun gathering for people of all kinds who are curious about Bitcoin. Here you can practice and learn about the revolutionary technology and concept behind new digital money. It's also the perfect place for Bitcoin afficionados. CoinFest serves as a free platform for the exchange of goods, services, currencies and ideas--an exciting event of freedom and opportunity, where you can meet the innovators who drive this movement forward. Intended as a hub for the Bitcoin economy, CoinFest showcases how it works for anyone to see. There will be plenty of attractions, such as:
• An Amazing Race, in which competing teams must be first to complete tasks at each of the participating Bitcoin venues. The team to complete each task first wins a prize. The team to complete all of the tasks first wins a grand prize.
• The Coinfest physical Bitcoin Faucet, an offline Bitcoin giveaway service that provides free Bitcoins to stimulate the crypto-economy. Those who have never had any Bitcoin, before, can get a couple dollars' worth from the Faucet.
• The Faucet also provides the prizes and bolsters the prize pool in the Bitcoin Poker Games. We have games with small buy ins for people who just want to try out using bitcoins.
• Live ambient music from a volunteer musician playing in the background. If you enjoy it, please consider tipping the musician a little BTC for his or her hard work.
• Tables arranged for anyone who wants to set up demonstration booths for digital coin trading (altcoins are allowed), merchandise, or discussion about a service or cause. Accommodations will be chosen by and moderated at the discretion of the event organizer.
• The CoinFest Mining Demo Booth, a joint project between Bryan Hellard and CoinFest! He builds and demonstrates a Bitcoin mining rig that grows via a small take from each group buy made at CoinFest. Watch the Block Erupters multiply!
• 2 meeting rooms (1 large, 1 small), free for your booking any time during the event. Some activities may be given priority. If you have any ideas for a presentation, seminar, panel or discussion, start a comment thread about that idea or email me at [masked].
CoinFest has no rules beyond common courtesy (and decency) and those required by law; however, there are some guidelines that you should be aware of. The space and staff for this event are graciously provided by the chosen Bitcoin venue free of charge, so please purchase at least one item from the venue. This also encourages more venues to accept bitcoins in the future. CoinFest is an ardent supporter of cryptocurrency and does not work with fiat or venues that refuse to accept Bitcoin.
This event is a work in progress. The above guidelines are subject to change from one CoinFest to another as necessity demands. If you have any problems on the day of the event, you can reach Andrew Wagner at 778.918.7156.