Piggybacking on the success of our last event at Blarney Stone, I'm looking to bring some awesome people to our next social event at The Cellar. We often head here after a night out at Doolin's, but as it's a weekday, we're not off to the same early start. Great DJs, awesome drinks (including our own ESV cocktail made by Rob and Anthony!), dancing (yay!) and low pressure singles mingling. It's located just a few minutes walk from the Granville and City Centre skytrain stations :)
Here is what's going on for us this event:
- Anthony is providing our group with 2 for 1 passes entry (regular cost is $10 per ticket) for the first 30 attendees
- Show up on time and you'll meet your hosts from the establishment, and score yourself a free drink
- We have access to the VIP seating/dancing lounge, and priority alcohol service from Anthony and Rob (get that wrist band!)
- Chris will be looking out for ESV group members at the door for those who arrive late (or I miss them in between my front door checks)
This is a special singles event with a few cool happenings:
- Numbers given to every person in the door, with a message box each; see someone you want to meet? Leave a message for them (low pressure). Check your own throughout the night and meet new friends or that special someone!
- Palm readers to tell you your fortune
- A magician with some great impromptu magic tricks
This event has grown over the past few months, so turnout is great no matter the night of the week. If you'd like to pay up front, I'll work out something with Ian to collect prior to the event, but since I don't see him often, cash at the door is more likely ($5 for you, or $10 for you and a friend).
The organizers are receiving discount tickets for entry to the event, which is paid directly to the venue (includes a drink from our bartenders).
If anybody is showing up after 10:00, you will (probably) be responsible for regular ticket price/cover charge to get in. This will (probably) not include a free drink. So I highly suggest trying to get there earlier and meet fellow ESV'ers and our hosts. I'll do my best to stay until the end, but I may have to head out to catch a skytrain if my ride isn't up as late as myself ;)
As usual if you're going to be late or can't find the group then send me a text at [masked]-3679. I will also be handing out wristbands to everybody throughout the night to help you identify who is in the group later in the evening when some people have moved to the dance floor, and so our bartenders will look out for us when drink time gets busy. If you have a wrist band already then please remember to bring it. Thanks everyone! It's going to be an awesome night! If you have any questions please leave a comment below.