Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC
Beginner to intermediate . Advanced welcome but maybe tone it to the level of the group - I would say I am advanced and this event is more about lightly keep a ball bouncing around rather than kits-style volley.
I have a SMALL net, I need a new pump, will try and buy a new one. I have done these via my group 'No-Apology Volleyball'.[Meaning - don't apologize for a poor serve, that's just negative pressure on yourself], but I have been encouraged to cross-post with ESV.
This is more like a giant game of pepper. Bring food music whatever you feel.
- I don't put down boundary lines, no point really.
- I don't track score, no point really (pun!)
- Not tracking number of hits per side, just keep going until it goes over
- if ball goes out or drops, just lift it up quickly to any player to keep play moving
We don't waste time shuffling the ball to the person 'serving' or in the serving position. When ball touches ground, lift/bump/dig/chuck it back into play.
- One person who feels able should call ROTATE for Red Team, one call rotate for Blue Team. Call for subs to come over before leaving field, but keep play going even if don't have all 6. - limit the kicking, lifting/throwing, power-smashing - e.g. you can stick your leg out as a 'dead limb' and let the ball bounce off it but sometimes people boot the ball way into left field. Trick shots and things (head butt, fist bump, hackey-sack-kick) can be all right, but best in moderation and it's good to self-regulate if you keep sending the ball far out of bounds.