for anyone who does not have a super macro lens, buy one of these,
?? ?a threaded diopter lens. i have one for my 17 to 200 zoom lens.
?? ? ? ?you can get some really cool results. and the nice part is they are inexpensive. check them out here?http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/closeup-diopters.html
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Parsh Mehta <[address removed]>
First of all, I want to thank you for attending the wonderful meetup at Chesapeake City. I am sure this is exactly what Kenny had in mind when he setup this group just nine short months ago. It truly is an honor to call you all my friends.
Quite a few of you have have commented on how much you enjoyed the format of the last meetup. The sandwich of informal and formal shooting with an instructional middle is again the format for our next session.
I have been experimenting with the use of outdoor flash and controlled ambient light. This combination gives you very creative(and very dramatic) shots. With your permission I would like to spend the instructional part of this meetup going over this technique. The concepts are very simple but take some practice to nail down.
We are going to limit the formal shot categories to just a handful this time. I think the sky is the limit as far as your creativity is concerned with these few categories.
- Shallow Depth of Field - open your shutter as wide as possible. For those of you with 1.4 and 1.8 lenses you will be in your element. With these settings you can make these prima donnas of the flower family as sensual or ferocious as you want!!
- Tack sharp end to end - set your aperture at its sharpest point (for most of us it will be f8). These flowers will take on a whole new appearance!
- Get Close (now get closer) - If you have a macro lens, bring it, if you have close up filters, bring them (I have 50 mm close up filters and a macro lens for Nikon if anyone wants to borrow it for the shoot).
Here is the agenda.
- Meet at 9:00 in the ticketing section. Please do not purchase your tickets. We need to purchase tickets as a group so we can save $3.00 a person(hey if 30 folks show up, that is one 50mm 1.8 lens!!)
- From 9:15 - 10:00 informal shooting
- 10:00-10:45 Instructions on outdoor flash photography
- 11:00-12:00 formal shooting
- 12:00-xx lunch and beers!!
This message was sent by Parsh Mehta ([address removed]) from FAIR HILL MD NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY meetup group.
To learn more about Parsh Mehta, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup Inc. PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | [address removed]