FAIR HILL PHOTOGRAPHY GROUP Message Board › Downloading images by other photographers

Downloading images by other photographers

Parsh M.
Group Organizer
Wilmington, DE

Wanted to pass along some basic information about intellectual property and the personal use of other member's photograph.

Simply put: It is not okay to download/use other member's  photos without explicit permission. Use involves any of the following:

• Downloading on your computer
  • Posting on Facebook or other social media site (unless you are sharing what the photographer has already posted)
  • Downloading and Printing a member's photograph

Listen, everyone in this group is laid back (prerequisite to joining) so asking will almost never be a problem.  In fact, I have asked several of you for images that I want to hang in my gallery at home.  I know I see it as a honour when someone asks for my image.

So, before you decide to simply download an image and get it printed, honour the member and get his / her permission first.  They will feel good, you will feel good and sanctity of intellectual property will be preserved!!