FM Atheists Meetup Message Board › Project 42 Convention coming up soon!

Project 42 Convention coming up soon!

NWS
nemws
Group Organizer
Fargo, ND
Hello all!

Just a reminder that as the summer wraps up we'll be having more (and regularly scheduled) Meet-ups. There are a lot of exciting events coming up in our area, but most of all is the Project 42 Convention next month!

The weekend of September 24-25th (and actually, the fun starts the evening of the 23rd) will be the 2nd year of the Project 42 conference, with many excellent speakers, a free movie on Thursday, lunch on Friday, panel discussions, and other great activities.

The main site for Project 42: http://project42conve...­

The schedule of events: http://project42conve...­

Some events are free, but the main conference is $79 for most folks, only $29 for students. There's also a special workshop on Sunday for an extra $25.

I attended last year and just want to share with all of you how great of an experience it was. There were people from a much larger area than I had expected (all of the states around N.D. as well as a few from Canada) and I quickly made friends with quite a few folks. It was educational, fun, and relaxing - it was so nice being surrounded by education, open, like-minded people. The speakers were all excellent and were open to 1-on-1 chatting before/after they spoke. I got to shake hands and chat with P.Z. Myers! He even agreed to come back again this year!

I guess I'm not the best writer or very eloquent, but let's just say that there were many positive comments from the attendees of last year's conference.

If any of you have any questions about the conference, please e-mail me and I'll try my best to help you out. Having events like this in our area is important and I hope to see you all there!