addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Steve
biggspidey
West Mifflin, PA
Post #: 18
The Schenley areas are suppose to be taken over by tons of kids soccer games after the next two weekends according to two soccer guys there last weekend Jeff talked to, and there was doubt there'd even be room for one game at the far end of the grass area.

I took photos of lower Frick last Sunday (message me your email address if you want to see), and while the grass is certainly coming back and spreading fine, it's still real short and the root systems are quite shallow yet. The ground is also still VERY soft, and playing on it's going to tear it up REAL bad. There's also the mud pits still from last-Fall's soccer games there as well.

Basically, wanted to ask if anyone had other ideas, thoughts on other places to play, etc.
Vince M.
user 42330812
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 1
What about down in Panther Hollow in Schenley? I saw some pictures on the site here of ya'll playing there in November. Or maybe that was somewhere else? Anyway, Panther Hollow? There is some field space down there.
Geneva M
user 11193021
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 19
The Panther Hollow field is big enough with lots of parking. I can't speak to its availability.
Steve
biggspidey
West Mifflin, PA
Post #: 19
Google Search ...at least two soccer clubs have it listed; the first looks like the group that's going to take over the rest of the area, but they dont have any field schedule up for this year yet ?? I shouldnt try research before work lol