FreeThinkers of Fort Worth Message Board Tea Time of the Soul › Not only is this an honest article,

Not only is this an honest article,

A former member
Post #: 6
but the title is grammatically correct. They missed one aspect historically, though. The Conservative takeover of the Republican party began (sadly) with Jimmy Carter making Billy Graham his official religious consultant and Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama not kicking him out. You wanna know where it all began...the insane conservativism in the Rep party...look to Carter.

http://news.yahoo.com...­

"There's hope it might improve somewhat, over time, Edwards said in the interview. But for now, he said, members of Congress are responding to voters who say "if you compromise, if you reach across the aisle, we will defeat you."
Meredyth
MeryMer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 154
Interesting article!
Melvin E. F.
user 26106402
Arlington, TX
Post #: 1
but the title is grammatically correct. They missed one aspect historically, though. The Conservative takeover of the Republican party began (sadly) with Jimmy Carter making Billy Graham his official religious consultant and Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama not kicking him out. You wanna know where it all began...the insane conservativism in the Rep party...look to Carter.

http://news.yahoo.com...­

"There's hope it might improve somewhat, over time, Edwards said in the interview. But for now, he said, members of Congress are responding to voters who say "if you compromise, if you reach across the aisle, we will defeat you."

Hello there, your right of cource about Billy Graham intrfearing in politics but i thought
CARTER was a democrat.
A former member
Post #: 8
Exactly, Carter was an Georgian Evangelical Democrat, that's why I said, "(sadly)". Graham was able to get his hell-fire and brimstone tag in the ears of the fearful as Y2K approached, and he is the, well in my opinion the demon seed, of the gaping divide between our political parties. He has successfully convinced people of power and their constituencies to put faith before fact and to fear eduction...which is of course the cornerstone of Democracy. It makes my heart sad that Carter is responsible. :(