addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

FreeThinkers of Fort Worth Message Board Share and Enjoy › Greetings, and a serious question

Greetings, and a serious question

Bibi
user 103565932
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 1
Hello all--recently joined online, and hope to venture out to meet you guys soon (3 kids). My change of mind, understanding that there is no God, is very new--working my way through it after 40+ years as a Christian. I "saw the light" (ha ha) because of my middle child, whose questions sent me into the kind of research I typically save for my job (Wi-Fi project manager for an airline) and my world-famous specialty (fashion of the Regency era). Simply decided that my life had to be uniform if it was to be as logical as I thought it was.

So, here's a question I'm definitely hoping to resolve: as far as you know, are there any secular counselors in the Fort Worth area? My boyfriend and I are thinking of getting married, but I'd really like "an outside opinion." ;-)
Donn B.
user 10171984
Alvarado, TX
Post #: 51
Hello, and welcome to the group.

What you are looking for is known as a Secular Humanist Celebrant. Although I have no firm knowledge I am unaware of any in the DFW area. Unless you get a positive reply from one of the other group members I'd suggest you visit the following website. The AHA should be able to help you find what you're looking for.

http://www.kansaspres...­

Good luck!
Donn
Bibi
user 103565932
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 2
Thank you, Donn. I looked up AHA, and there *are* a few celebrants here in Fort Worth (at least we're not in OK!). Maybe one of them will be the counselor I am looking for.