Timothy T.
user 4907435
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 2
The really inspiring point last night was that freethinkers have been making all the creative contributions to society throughout history. I am happy to be among them.

Truth changes with one's standpoint. It is not a static principle. Since God is defined as eternal, there is no possibility for his existence. He is merely a fable carried forward from childhood. Truth may then be a mere psychological construct that sometimes recalls such fables. I know we all carry over metaphysical ideals into adulthood, but a secular society has helped many move away from that.

When freethinkers challenge the status quo, there are major advancements. I feel that the next big advancement is the recognition of atheism as a legitimate position.
Rob
user 3477588
Group Organizer
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 59
In regards to your last statement, Timothy, you can rest assured that will eventually come to pass. The ranks of the nonbelieving are growing in this country and around the globe, and there's no changing that fact.