The DFW Ballroom and Latin Dance Meetup Message Board › Dance Partners

Dance Partners

Grace L.
I have been asked time and time again about dance partners for class or dance event.

Here is my attempt to help. We have over 350 members who love to dance. Lets use this.

I will start a partner discussion in the Message Board

Post what you are looking for

EX: partner for a particular class or dance event
Write as much as you can about yourself.
What is your skill level , height, dance you want to learn or that you are good at.
Also be specific in what is important to you in a partner.

Next check the message board for new posts...

You can then greet or email the members that match your interests

We all have one thing in common
Make this meetup group WORK for YOU...

Happy Dancing smile
Grace
Grace L.
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 60
I am posting this for George, he lives in Allen so he prefers dancing in North Dallas

George R. Seward
Allen, Texas
Skill Level: Intermediate or Bronze
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 183-5
Dances that I like: Cha Cha (Latin & Country), Rhumba, Waltz, East Coast Swing,
Dances that I want to learn: Night Club Two Step, Salsa, and lastly West Coast Swing.
What I look for in a partner: Sense of Humor, Dancing is supposed to be fun not work. Partnership
Tom A.
user 10284772
Hurst, TX
Post #: 2

Tom Ahlschier
Hurst, Texas
Skill Level: Intermediate
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 170
Dances that I like: Salsa, Bachata & Merangue
I will be glad to come to class if you need a partner.
Dancing is supposed to be fun not work.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm Andrea, just moved back to TX after a 6-year stint in Arkansas.
I'm 42, 5'4", height/weight proportional, professional, Christian.

I've picked up most of my steps socially, from partners at dances and group lessons. I'm most comfortable with:

Country Western -- Excellent at club-style two-step & waltz, not as strong with ballroom-taught partners
East Coast Swing -- Strong Intermediate
West Coast Swing -- New step for me, but I reached intermediate level with a private instructor
Salsa/Cha Cha -- Strong Intermediate

I've done some Ballroom steps (foxtrot, waltz, rhumba), learned in group lessons. I haven't had much practice with these, yet.

My best dancing qualities: I am an excellent follow and a quick learner.

What I'm looking for:
A partner (or partners) who is comfortable with CW, Swing, and/or Latin, has a good lead, and may be willing/wanting to learn new steps.
I'm just wanting to dance socially.
I'm not looking for any attachments, just someone to have fun dancing with.

I'm always glad to help other people learn, and I'm very patient, but I will get frustrated if I don't ever get a chance to just dance without counting out steps.

I really enjoy dances that are social, where partners mix and learn from each other by dancing with different people. I just don't like to go to dances/clubs alone without knowing someone who will be there.

I can be reached at email.andrea @ netzero.com
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello. I'm looking for a regular partner for Salsa Lessons.
I'm 6ft tall, 200 lbs.
I am a beginning Salsa student and plan to continue taking lessons as long as I can.
As I progress in Salsa, I will take on other dances (Batchata, Merengue, Cha-Cha).
I'd like partner who enjoys dancing and will come to classes regularly. It would be great if she were willing to practice at other venues once a week or so.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm game for having a steady partner for any dance what-so-ever. I'm a beginner and currently dance and/or take lessons 5 times a week. I've taken beginner lessons in ChaCha, Salsa, Two- Three-Step, Country Waltz, Viennese Waltz, and West Coast Swing. I'm intermediate with Progressive and advanced with the Shuffle. This will be the year I learn West Coast Swing. I have a lot to learn and am working on my framing and being sensitive to the lead. Having a steady partner will better provide me the floor time needed to improve. (I'll post a picture as soon as my computer is up and running once again.)

I'm 5'8" and love wearing 3-4" heels, when I'm not wearing my country boots. As long as you expect me to stand 6' in heels, there'll be no surprises.

I'd love a partner who wants to dance and dance well, who can hear the beat, and enjoy himself while learning. I'd like someone not hard on himself and not hard on me. I like to laugh at myself and enjoy the flow of the dance and it would be great having a partner who likes to have fun while learning.