Fabulous 40+ Womens Social Group Message Board › RSVP No and No shows

RSVP No and No shows

Laurie C.
user 7080382
Group Organizer
Middleton, WI
Post #: 56
Dear Members;

To help minimize unnecessary e-mail activity, Nancy and I suggest that all Fab 40+ members simply ignore Meetups that they have no interest in, rather than responding "No". Nancy and I get emails everytime you say you aren't going to an event and that can be a lot of deleting. biggrin

If you think about it, the Yes RSVP is the most important piece of information. Of course if you change your mind and decide not to attend after responding with a Yes, then please use the No RSVP communication.

Also related to this: Nancy and I have discussed how some of our members fail to update their availability to attend an event when they decide not to attend an event after all. Therefore we have decided that as of October 1, 2011, members who are no shows 4 times will lose their membership. I have resisted this device that many meetups have had to institute but feel that it is disrespectful to the event host(s), the restaurant or other location when people do not show up as planned. It is unfortunately more work for Nancy and me to monitor people who no show but we feel it is necessary.

Also we have had a few events that had 22 people sign up and the reduce to 6 or 7. Please recognize that unless an emergency happens you are expected to attend. A yes doesn't mean maybe. Thanks for understanding this. If it is hard to know if you will be free just sign up the same day.

For the majority of members who always update their RSVPs and attend unless there is an emergency when they cannot attend as planned, I say thank you with all my heart and feel completely free to disregard this notice. love struck

Best Regards,

Laurie

Organizer

Laurie C.
user 7080382
Group Organizer
Middleton, WI
Post #: 75
In response to the 6 no shows in the past 2 evenings I am sending out the following email again:

Dear Members;

Nancy and I have discussed how some of our members fail to update their availability to attend an event when they decide not to attend an event after all. Therefore we have decided that as of October 1, 2011, members who are no shows 4 times will lose their membership. I have resisted this device that many meetups have had to institute but feel that it is disrespectful to the event host(s), the restaurant or other location when people do not show up as planned. It is unfortunately more work for Nancy and me to monitor people who no show but we feel it is necessary.

If you have limited access to a computer you may call the event host before the event it will not be treated as a no show.

For the majority of members who always update their RSVPs when they cannot attend as planned, I say thank you with all my heart and feel completely free to disregard this notice. love struck

Best Regards,

Laurie

Organizer
Laurie C.
user 7080382
Group Organizer
Middleton, WI
Post #: 81
Dear Members;

To help minimize unnecessary e-mail activity, Nancy and I suggest that all Fab 40+ members simply ignore Meetups that they have no interest in, rather than responding "No". Nancy and I get emails everytime you say you aren't going to an event and that can be a lot of deleting. biggrin

If you think about it, the Yes RSVP is the most important piece of information. Of course if you change your mind and decide not to attend after responding with a Yes, then please use the No RSVP communication.

Also related to this: Nancy and I have discussed how some of our members fail to update their availability to attend an event when they decide not to attend an event after all. Therefore we have decided that as of October 1, 2011, members who are no shows 4 times will lose their membership. I have resisted this device that many meetups have had to institute but feel that it is disrespectful to the event host(s), the restaurant or other location when people do not show up as planned. It is unfortunately more work for Nancy and me to monitor people who no show but we feel it is necessary.

If you have limited access to a computer you may call the event host before the event it will not be treated as a no show.

For the majority of members who always update their RSVPs when they cannot attend as planned, I say thank you with all my heart and feel completely free to disregard this notice. love struck

Best Regards,

Laurie

Organizer