addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Peter P.
PeterPropp
Group Organizer
Westport, CT
Hi All --

You may have heard that I'm now officially running marketing at the Stamford Innovation Center.  This is a very exciting new opportunity for me.  We have a mission to drive entrepreneurship in our part of CT -- helping folk with startup ideas mature their thinking so that we eventually create investment-quality startups and thereby create new jobs and a bigger tech community.  If you haven't been to see the Innovation Center, I hope you will stop by.  We are housed in an amazing old building -- but the opportunity to create a real tech community here goes way beyond the physical beauty of the building.

We are publishing a weekly newsletter that seems to be meeting the needs of the market.  Our list size is growing each week (with some minor losses of course) and our open rates are strong.  If you'd like to subscribe, please click here.

Running meetups and events at the center is a part of our marketing strategy.  The more people are here, the more awareness we will have in the region.  So if you have any ideas for a meetup, corporate or non-profit event, please let me know.

The Innovation Center and FairCo TEEM have overlapping missions and I plan to keep FairCo up and running.  I do feel bad that we are not getting some of the attendees we used to get from parts East of Westport.  I am open to suggestions on occasionally running FairCo TEEM events in Westport or other parts of the region.  I know the Westport Library is willing to host events.  But I would need someone to help in a leadership role if we are doing events outside of the Center.  I'm just running flat out here.  Any volunteers?

Anyway, here are four great events going on down at the Innovation Center.  I hope to see you here.

• 12/3 – Lean Startup Conference Simulcast. On Monday, December 3 at 11 am, we're proud to be hosting the simulcast of the Lean Startup Conference in the 1st floor Auditorium.  Details and Registration here
  • 12/4 – New York Tech Meetup Simulcast. This is the big kahuna of tech meetups.  Doors open at 6pm.  Simulcast be in the 1st floor Auditorium and will start very close to 7 pm.  Details and Registration here.
  • 12/13 -- Me, Inc.: Building and Living Your Personal Brand. Join AIGA CT for a night of insight and discussion around the idea of building and living a personal brand.  Event begins at 6:30pm.  Details and Registration here.
  • 12/19 – Holiday Fun, Startup Success Story (featuring deets), and Startup Speed Dating.  We only have 80 seats available and I have a feeling this event will sell out fast. Details and registration here.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for your participation in FairCo TEEM.  It has been an awesome ride so far and I think we can continue to grow and have an impact on the economy of our region and the success of our members.  I'm confident that the more time we spend together on topics that matter, the more we will see our regional economy grow.

See you soon!