addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Fairfield County Beer and Beyond Message Board › Funny Beer Stuff - post it here

Funny Beer Stuff - post it here

Marianne
Stars_Only
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 162
So as well as articles, I have tons of people sending me forwards and such related to beer. I thought we could start a thread to share some of those as well.

Here's some snippets from a forward from my dad:
It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts... So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them 'Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down.' It's where we get the phrase 'mind your P's and Q's'

Many years ago in England , pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or handle, of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service. 'Wet your whistle' is the phrase inspired by this practice.

Marianne
Stars_Only
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 172
Dad just sent this one!

Investment Advice:
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today!
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33.00 today.
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for the recycling refund, you would have received $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.
It is called the 401-Keg.

And as a bonus...
A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that on average Americans drink 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that the average American gets about 41 miles to the gallon!
Makes you damned proud to be an American!
Marianne
Stars_Only
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 205
TOO Cute!

From BeerConnoisseur's facebook posts:

WHAT CHILDREN WHOM HAVE NEVER TASTED BEER THINK BEER TASTES LIKE

Lauren Davidson, age 6: “Freezing cold honey, covered in sugar and butter!”

Josh Douglas, age 7: “Mustard and pickles!”

Rose Hornby, age 12: “Tears and mustache hairs.”

Josh Bellman, age 9 and a half: “Mashed up cigarettes, maybe? I had one of those. It was AWESOME!”

Richard Hawthorne IV, age 14: “I paid another boy to drink one for me. He said it tasted like soda that makes your face hurt. Now, good-day sir!”