- Are you missing your dog? A short/medium sized, brown fur, floppy ear dog was found along 31st Street in Fairlington. No collar/tags. You can pick up your dog at the Arlington Animal Welfare League. And don't be surprised if they scold you for not having a collar/tag on your dog. Good luck.
- We're [tentatively] scheduling a November 12 HH fundraiser for Arlington County Foster Care Program. We do something like this every year for them. I think last year we raised over 250 smack-a-roos.
- We want to schedule a progressive dinner on Saturday, October 16, with a limit of about 10 people. I'm thinking three courses - appetizer, main entre, dessert - followed by after-dinner drinks that will be open to about 20 people. Each course will be hosted by a different person in the neighborhood. Please let me know if you'd like to host a course - and which one.
- If you've been a lazy-slug over all summer, it's not too late to join us at Ultimate. All abilities welcome. You don't have to be good to have fun. Check out some photos of this week's game (John, why are they all tilted 90 degrees?)
- And last but not least, PUB QUIZ! Tonight at P. Brennan's on Columbia Pike. Grab a friend and come on down. The Fairlington folks (And Parkfairfax'ers!) have been racking up the winnings. You don't have to be smart... just bring smart friends.
- Oops... one more thing. I'm tired of paying, like, 2$ for those little teeny-tiny containers of thick & tasty greek yogurt so I'm about to make yogurt at home. I have all the ingredients (skim milk & a 2$ little teeny-tiny container of thick & tasty greek yogurt for starters) and I'm about ready to give it a try - crossing my fingers that I don't poison myself; the idea of leaving a milk-product sit on my counter for hours and hours and then eating it... that just seems so wrong. So, if you have any experience or tips for me please send 'em my way.
Hope to see y'all at an event soon. Have a great week everyone,