- Holy. Freakin'. Crap. It was cold & rainy last Sunday but six folks showed up for Ultimate last week, and they actually played! ... Ultimate Frisbee. I accidentally slept through it. Seriously. It was an accident. Really. This week I'm bringing hot chocolate for everyone.
- Gary is hosting a Festivus at Guapos next Thursday, Dec 23rd, for those of you who aren't leaving town just yet, or at all. I heard a rumor that instead of an aluminum pole he will be using a piece of the broken water main from 22nd Street South. After dinner, the Festivus celebration will continue at Bungalow.
- Our 3rd annual re-gift party is scheduled for January 7th. Location to be determined, probably will be at Cap City or Bungalow. I've capped attendance at 20 people, 12 spots remain.... or 8. I can't remember.
- The Shirlington Running Club (SRC) meets at Bungalow every Tuesday at 6.30pm for a 5k run followed by a happy hour with .25 cent wings, 2.25 ribs, $2.50 drafts & some other special I can't remember. SRC is free and you can find them on facebook & meetup. You're welcome to join SRC at Bungalow even if you don't plan on running ... but eventually you will because it's fun and you're going to make a new year's resolution to get fit & stay fit. Why not do it while meeting other social people with healthy interests?
- I got my butt kicked playing pool last night at Bungalow. You know who you are (No, not you, Paul - the other person that kicked my butt). Rematch next Tuesday!
- Isn't that enough for one email?
Check out the calendar: http://www.meetup.com/Fairlington-Social-Group/calendarFollow FSC on Twitter
@FSCMeetup for short-notice, spontaneous get-togethers and other neighborhood news & shenanigans.