I finally have a couple reasons to smell up your inbox.
- Please warm up to our new organizers: Joe & Judy. They'll also be smelling up your inbox with event emails from time to time. Let's boost their egos by attending their events.
- There are new faces in the 'hood and in the meetup. To expedite their welcome, Joe has scheduled a Cap City $2 pint night; $5 appetizer happy hour. Stop by Cap City and see who we're talking about!
- FSC raised $200 for Arlington County foster kids!.
- Virginia goes smoke-free starting December 1. Check out FSC's Smoke Free Week in December. If you have a favorite place that was traditionally too smokey to enjoy, please suggest it and we'll try to get it on the calendar. Even better if you're willing to organize the event.
- I'm watching Parking Wars as I type this email. If nothing else, it's incentive to type faster. I can feel myself getting dumber, yet I can't bring myself to change the channel. I hope I get this finished before "Steven Segal, Lawman" comes on.
- The FSC dinner tonight at Hee Been was absolutely awesome. A special welcome & thanks to Myung for helping us out with the grill! Hope y'all can join our next monthly dinner in November - I'm thinking Capt. Pell's crab house to help us pretend that Summer is still here. It's a bit of a drive but they can seat a big bunch of us. Suggestions welcome.
- Eric is single, ladies! A freecreditreport.com commercial just came on and Eric Violette, the main singer guy, is perfect for that job. You can learn more about him and see some of his commercials at Eric's official website.
- Stay warm, baby, it's cold outside.
- I'm going to post more hikes in the Jefferson/GW National Forests & Shenandoah area. I'm a big fan of longer hikes because I think the ratio of hiking hours to driving hours should be greater than 1.50. For example, a 5 hour hike with a 3 hour drive (round trip) is a ratio of 1.667. Am I being too nerdy about this? Of course, we'll post some shorter hikes, too.
As always, if you have suggestions for meetup events, please contact one of the organizers or submit your suggestion via the website
. And stay warm, stay well. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.