After a long?sluggish hibernation, I have a few fabulous things to share with you:
- We have two new sponsors! And, as long as we have sponsors who cover my meetup fees, I won't hound you folks about chipping in for the voluntary $5 membership fee (big shout-out to members Brian & Tricia this quarter).
- OkCupid?::?If you're single (or, um, have a situation), click on our sponsor link for OkCupid. It's a light-hearted, fun, free dating site. Why pay eHarmony or Match for bad dating experiences when you can get them for free at?OkCupid??Of course, cheers to hoping you have good experiences.
- The Great Urban Race?::?If you're up for a little exercise & exploration around town then check out The Great Urban Race.?If you register, use discount code MEETUP515.?It's kinda like the amazing race. But without the flights. And no international destinations. And no TV cameras.?
- HOLY CRAP!!?Pizzaoilo has a new Fairlington location and we're going!!??If you're a thin-crust, pizza-eating, wine-drinking, gelato-desserting person, get your RSVP in soon. Space is limited because this is a smaller venue. If anyone wants to lead a second night please let me know. I think we'll have the demand for it.
- If you're a closet organizer, um ... no, not a person who organizes closets. I mean, if deep inside you is a social gathering type of organizer longing, waiting, ready to break free and organize events for FSC, just say the word and I'll make you an assistant organizer. There will be no math.
- LAX! .... ?No, not the airport. The sport. Our fearless assistant organizer Marcy is leading an FSC event to the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Georgetown v Duke. LAX games are action packed. Kinda like hockey, but no ice. And no puck. And not indoor. And a different stick. On a bigger field. And fewer Canadians.
And finally, ....
- FSC Spring Cookout! April 18th. ?$5 will pay for supplies and feed you an almost-endless supply of burgers. Bring some kind of cookout side dish to share, preferably something that doesn't spoil easily in the sun. A location hasn't been chosen yet. Bonus if a member is willing to open up their patio, otherwise a park shelter with a grill would be fabulous. Something central to Fairlington/Parkfairfax/Shirlington would be preferable.
I'll try to keep the calendar a little more full now that Winter is gone. If you want to organize an event, please contact me.
And for those of you who actually read all the way down, I was thinking of some reward for you, maybe a mini-contest with some prizes, maybe a little something cool that only YOU would get for reading all this --- and all those who didn't read all this mumbo-jumbo would get nil, nada, nothing. I couldn't think of anything. Sorry.
Have a great week everyone.?