The Fairlington Social Club Message Board › new policy on no-shows and RSVPs
|A former member||
For the events we organize, your RSVP really matters. When we plan a dinner and make reservations for 18 based on the # of Yes RSVPs, but only 12 people show up, that's a problem for the group's members (other people who wanted to come and were available to come got shut out) and for the restaurant.
We realize that unexpected events arise, but unless you're hospitalized, please take the time to change your RSVP when your plans change and not later than 10am the day of the event.
If you RSVP Yes and are a no-show for 2 events (other than movies) during one year, you'll be dropped from our group.
The new rules for RSVPs follow. We'll include these in all future event descriptions.
Thanks for your help with this. Let's keep dining out and having fun!
RULES - for dinners
1. If you RSVP Yes, please be sure you can make it. No-shows are unfair to other members who wanted to attend. It also upsets the restaurant when we reserve many spots and show up with fewer people.
2. If your plans change, please change your RSVP not later than 10am on the morning of the dinner.
3. If you are a no-show to 2 dinners during a year, you will be dropped from the group. A no-show is someone who RSVPs Yes, does not change that RSVP prior to 10am on the day of the dinner, and doesn't show up at the dinner.
RULES - for movies
1. If you RSVP Yes and your plans change, please update your RSVP at least 2 hours before the show.
2. We'll be in front of the lobby (or in the lobby in case of bad weather) up until 5 min. before show time. If you're running late, you can meet us inside the theater showing the film.