FallCon 365 Community Gaming Events Message Board › Looking for other women who like strategy games

Looking for other women who like strategy games

Diane
user 11609613
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
1. Monday evenings do not work for me; other evenings are generally okay. Thursday would be great, for example. Daytimes and weekends work less well (worse?)

2. My place is tiny. This is a problem for two reasons: 1) We only have 4 chairs, and 2) my husband would not be out of the way and may ruin the girl-power atmosphere by wanting to play too. That being said, I don't want Nathalie to have to host all the time if she's not okay with that, so we could work something out if need be.

3. Sure! The more the merrier, at least up to a certain 4 chair limit (jokes)

P.S. Thanks for the support Jasen!
Nathalie (.
MelodramaBabs
Calgary, AB
Post #: 20
Awesome!

1. I can pretty much make every day work for me. Thursday can work very well. Looks like we're good on Thursdays so far. (I know Jennifer B. who doesn't check in much would be down for Thursdays as well.)

2. I don't mind hosting all the time. I just don't want the Deep South thing to keep the Girls from the North away.

3. awesome.

PS. Jasen: Thanks for supporting this (never had any doubts) ... I can't remember if I had talked to you about it before...

Cheryl
user 46262292
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Hi,

This is great.

Evenings work and Thursday's are really good.

I can host, however most likely not until the new year and it may be a problem, as I will not be close to transit.

Cheryl
Nathalie (.
MelodramaBabs
Calgary, AB
Post #: 21
Thursdays it is! biggrin

The next thing we should probably figure out is frequency. Monthly? Every two weeks? Something like the 2nd and/or 4th Thursday of the month? (I avoided the 1st Thursday of the month because this is adult night at the science centre. and although I haven't gone yet... I really really want to.)

As far as time goes. I can probably do a 18:30 or 19:00 start.

Hubby has confirmed he will stay in the basement on those days... He's perfectly okay with this as this is where the TV and computers are located. tongue

PS. We have a dog. He's big; but he's a gentle giant.
Sue
user 9135113
Calgary, AB
Post #: 14
Awesome possum! Really looking forward to it.

I am not sure about frequency, mainly because I am a bit non-committal. I will probably *want* to play twice per month, but may only make it once per month. Anyway, your call. Maybe we could just start with one and see how the turn-out is, then take it from there?
Nathalie (.
MelodramaBabs
Calgary, AB
Post #: 22
Sounds good to me!

I'll do up the write up and get us going for November!
Nathalie (.
MelodramaBabs
Calgary, AB
Post #: 23
Write up / Intro written and sent off to Jasen for posting! We're going "LIVE" on the 2nd Thursday of November!
Sue
user 9135113
Calgary, AB
Post #: 15
Yay!! Thanks Babs!
Nathalie (.
MelodramaBabs
Calgary, AB
Post #: 24
And - we're live!!

Thanks Jasen! :)
Nathalie (.
MelodramaBabs
Calgary, AB
Post #: 25
With no one having showed up last night, I'm going to switch it up to something new for January. Instead of dealing with the unexpected and not knowing what we're going to be playing I'm going to be planning ahead what games will be played. If you are a first timer and aren't sure what all these board games are about you will at least have an idea what to expect on your first time.