START HERE, a new Seed Stage Elevator Pitch event, is promoted by FT Accelerator and nestGSV and is specifically designed for Fashion Tech Startups. The purpose of the program is to provide six companies or designers with an opportunity to pitch to a variety of distinguished first tier investors, bankers, PR and marketing agencies, law and accounting firms and receive feedback on their four-minute elevator pitch. A winner will be invited to present to nestGSV seed fund and Naxuri Capital seed fund for a full pitch! It’s a great place to hear valuable feedback and information from top advisers and investors in the industry! This month we will have a guest speaker, Matthew Mountford, Publisher of Helium Magazine!
HOW IT WORKS: Six companies/designers are chosen each month to participate in the START HERE networking event. Presenting companies will each have four (4) minutes to present to a distinguished panel of investors and influencers. The panel then asks a few questions (4 min.) and then provides feedback (2 min.). After hearing from each company, the panel chooses whom they feel is the most promising startup and the winner gets a meeting with nestGSV seed fund and Naxuri Capital seed fund for a full pitch! We invite you to join us to meet new people, hear from some of the best experts in the industry and to meet six bright new startups.
5:00–6:00pm: - Networking, appetizers, wine and amenities
6:00-6:15: - Introductions by Jacyn Siebert
6:15-6:45: Three companies/designers pitch to the
6:45-7:00: Guest Speaker Matthew Mountford on Fashion
7:00-7:30: Three companies/designers pitch to the
7:30-8:00: - Networking
Anju Schiller of Donna Gonna: DonnaGonna cleverly combines cutting edge 3D scanning technology and just-in-time production to help high fashion brands offer tailored made-to-measure garments to their customers.
Berna Erol of UB-Mobile: UB-mobile is an entertainment, advertising, and sales platform targeting mobile users. Their technology allows users to create a customized & branded mobile app that delivers company content, videos, images, and products to customers in a fun and engaging way.
Line Tousignant of Shop ‘n Brag: Shop 'n Brag is an application focusing on retail. Offering a seamless shopping experience, Shop'nBrag turns every consumer touch point into engagement; would it be prints, TV spots, clicks or bricks.
Peter Green of Mine: Mine is where people share their passion about objects. You post the things you own and find people with the most same things, and therefore lifestyle and hobbies.
Rebecca Cho of Rebecca Cho: Designer Rebecca Cho focuses on women’s evening wear and couture fashion that incorporates advanced technology.
Teri Xiong of Silvermist: Silvermist specializes in women's dresses for after 5pm events, all made using glistering fabric or embellishments, emphasizing the brands enchanting fairy theme.
OUR DISTINGUISHED PANEL: Learn more about each of our panelists by clicking on their names.
· Rick Rasmussen, International Business Development nestGSV: Rick is a member of the San Hill Angels and part of the nestGSV team specializing in international business development. He works with start-ups from across the globe of who are seeking a presence in Silicon Valley.
· Patrick Chung, Managing Director Naxuri Capital: Naxuri Capital investment strategy’s focus on fashion and technology is a differentiator within the seed investor community that is creating a deal flow of the most sought after start up companies.
· Dinesh C., Partner FT Accelerator: Fashion Technology (FT) Accelerator helps entrepreneurs accelerate the growth of their business by facilitating access to fashion and retail brands, advisers, business partners, investors, professional services, ad agencies and portfolio companies.
· Kevin K. Rooney, Partner Cooley Law Firm: Cooly is a leading law firm to the technology, life sciences, venture capital, clean energy, real estate and retail sectors.
· Stephanie Xu, Stephanie Xu is the Co-President of China Silicon Valley which helps promote and facilitate investments exchange in all sectors between China and Silicon Valley. The mission of the organization is to promote investment and business communication and cooperation between China and the Silicon Valley to help create jobs of all types. She is also First Vice President and Regional Market Development Manager for Northern California at East West Bank. She is responsible for leading the business development and product implementation of the bank’s China initiative.
· Patrick Browne, President BrownInc.: A marketing, advertising and communications professional that has become exceedingly adept at solving sometimes complicated problems with creativity, logic and efficiency.
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS: nestGSV represents a transformational step for emerging technology businesses by providing a rich ecosystem and a suite of services essential to the success of up-and-coming technology companies. FT Accelerator has worked for global luxury brands and invested in tech start-ups in Silicon Valley over the last 25 years. They have built small and big companies in both the self-funded model as well as by raising capital from venture capitalists. Together, nestGSV and FT Accelerator bring together the best advisors and resources in the industry. Learn more about nestGSV and FTAcclerator here.
PRESENTERS: We understand fashion tech widely, not only e-commerce and mobile apps, but also new fabric, new supply chains, data and cloud infrastructure, 3D and other virtual technologies, etc. and are interested in pre-funded, pre-revenues fashion tech start-ups and designers, at idea-to-product or later stage. If you are a fashtech startup or a designer and are interested in pitching, please submit an email to [masked] with [your company name] Pitch Interest in the subject line. For questions regarding the event, please [masked] with your contact information and any questions that you may have. We look forward to seeing you!
Please Note: There will not be a cost to present to the panel; however, there will be a cost to attend the event. All presenters and staff will be required to show their paid ticket at the door.