Come join us in supporting our Children's Cancer Research fundraising program by participating in the Glam Rock Fashion Photo Shoot! This a great opportunity to build your portfolio and network with other in the industry! We have volunteer groups that shoot hot fashion trends across the nation and our sponsors love the pictures, love the exposure, and want to get involved. They donate money for the events we hold, and in order to keep them giving, we have to continue to deliver amazing charity events such as this one! This is a great opportunity to team up with local businesses to fund personalized Children's Cancer Research and give hope to kids who don't have promising treatment options. What greater way to volunteer while doing what you love! Donations for this event will range between $25 - $45 in total. We'll be collecting $25.00 (per person) deposit via PayPal to reserve your spot, and support our charity fundraising program as well as to cover administrative costs (fees for space, & equipment). We will charge an additional donation fee at the door. Models: $10.00, Photographers: $20.00. It works similar to a walk for cancer, but only much more fun!
Glam rock is what happens when a rock star crashes into a Hollywood glamour actress. It's all about adding a bit of glitter and gleam to the dark edgy rocker styles. We'll be highlighting glitter, sequins, spikes, and studs in this photo shoot so each outfit should incorporate at least one of those elements or a combination of it. The color palette for this shoot is dark colors and metallics such as black, silver, gold, grays…with bursts of brightness and color such as white and bold color…perhaps neon yellow spiked heels, or a hot pink sequined clutch. Really play up this style with accessories. We want to see those sequined tops, jackets, dresses, and skirts. We're looking for spiked and studded heals, wedges, and flats. And of course we can't forget animal prints! See the photos below for ideas on how to prepare your wardrobe. Our wardrobe stylists are always available to help you put together the perfect outfit!
Models will also be asked to be prepared by choosing your wardrobe in advance and submitting photos of you wearing it to [masked] by Sunday February 20th 11:59 PM so that we can approve your wardrobe choices, or help you improve them. This requirement is mandatory for your participation.
Who should attend:
- Make Up Artists & Hair Stylists
- Designers & Wardrobe Stylists
- Volunteers to Assist with Wardrobe Changes, Holding Photography Equipment, ect.
*** All "guests" must create a brief profile and register themselves for this event so that they receive event updates first hand.
Staggered Arrival Times
11 AM - Organizers, Models, & Make-Up Artists
12 - 12.30 PM - Photographers, Assistants, & Volunteers
- Please bring Photo ID for age verification.
- Please bring 2-3 outfits total (which you must submit for pre-approval before the shoot…see instructions above!).
- Please bring your modeling bag. Come prepared with:
- assortment of shoes - bring different colors, heels & sandals so we can match them to wardrobe
- make-up and brushes (We will have a MUA on site if you need help)
- baby wipes
- make-up remover wipes
- assortment of appropriate undergarments for your outfits
- safety pins, small sewing kit
- small hand mirror
- hair pins, hair spray, brush, comb, hair tie, curling iron, flat iron
- cottons balls, cotton swabs
- emergency items (Tylenol, migraine medicine, tampons, antacid, razor)
- water bottle
- Please arrive to the photo shoot on time with hair, and basic make up done. Do not apply powder make-ups until you get there because it will be difficult for the MUA's to alter. You should be dressed in your first outfit. Based on feedback from your pre-approval submissions of outfit photos, we may provide additional clothes or accessories specific to you.
- Please bring all of your own equipment: cameras, lenses, lighting, etc.
- Feel free to bring along an assistant who can help carry equipment and assist you during the shoot.
- Please bring Photo ID for identity verification.
- Digital delivery of unedited photos is required before you leave the shoot so that we can immediately start screening photos to be used for the fundraising campaign. This is our policy.
- Photo ID is required! No ID = No Participation.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a volunteer information form and sign a photo release form.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 must have parent permission form signed by a legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Images will be available for portfolios.
- Bring water and a lunch box so you stay hydrated and don't get hungry.
- Remember the photos taken at this event belong to Fashionable Causes and you cannot sell the photos, make profit from them, or give another person/company/organization permission to sell or own the photos. They may be used in your portfolio as a demonstration of your ability as long as credit to Fashionable Causes and other participants is given.
CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it