June 9, 2012 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
We're setting sail for a wonderland that is as creative as a child's imagination! We are going to illustrate a children's book, written by a child cancer patient, using fashion photography! The proceeds from the book sales will go towards Children's Cancer Research. First we need to do a casting call to find our model characters, make up artists, and photographers!
Who are the candygirls? They're mythical ladies who exist in this child's fantasy land. They have brightly colored hair - some hot pink, some electric blue, and even some have purplelicious purple hair! The candygirls have a cutesy eclectic fashion sense and love layering adorable girly and brightly colored clothes to create the unique candygirl look! Some famous celebrities have mimicked the candygirl look including Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Gwen Stefani, and Lady GaGa. There is even a fashion craze in Shibuya and Harajuku, Japan where the girls dress like the candygirls in our story.
In the casting call, everyone will receive the same scenario in the storyline to recreate. We will decide which models will be best cast as the characters in the story, as well as find photographers and make-up artists who truly understand our concept. Photographs will be provided to everyone who participates for their portfolio regardless of final casting decisions made.
Who should attend:
- Photography Assistants
- Make Up Artists
- Volunteers to Assist with Wardrobe Changes, ect.
- Please bring Photo ID for age verification.
- This photo shoot is tattoo and piercing friendly, so coverup is not necessary.
- Please wear colorful clothing and put together 1 outfit of what your idea candygirl fashion is. Do not go out and spend your paycheck on this, its just a casting call. The posing and expression is far more important than the clothing in this shoot, but showing up in sweatpants is unacceptable.
- Please bring your modeling bag. Come prepared with:
- assortment of shoes - bring different colors, heels & sandals so we can match them to wardrobe
- make-up and brushes (We will have a MUA on site if you need help)
- baby wipes
- make-up remover wipes
- assortment of appropriate undergarments for your outfits
- safety pins, small sewing kit
- small hand mirror
- hair pins, hair spray, brush, comb, hair tie, curling iron, flat iron
- cottons balls, cotton swabs
- emergency items (Tylenol, migraine medicine, tampons, antacid, razor)
- water bottle
- Please arrive to the photoshoot on time with hair, and a clean face. You should be dressed in your outfit. Be warned that your outfit must clearly fit the guidelines of this theme and be tasteful for a children's themed shoot. If you can't wear it in front of your grandmother, you can't wear it here. We're not requiring wardrobe approvals, but we will deny models the ability to shoot if their wardrobe is not in alignment of our theme i.e. you show up in all black.
- Please bring all of your own equipment: cameras, lenses, lighting, reflectors, etc.
- Feel free to bring along an assistant who can help carry equipment and assist you during the shoot. The assistant needs to be reflected in your RSVP or RSVP under their own account, and will need to bring their own donation.
- Please bring Photo ID for identity verification.
- Please bring a $3.00 donation to help support our fundraising campaign.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a volunteer information form and sign a photo release form.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 must have parent permission form signed by a legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Watermarked images will be available for portfolios.
- Bring water and a lunch box so you stay hydrated and don't get hungry.
- Remember the photos taken at this event belong to Fashionable Causes and you cannot sell the photos, make profit from them, or give another person/company/organization permission to sell or own the photos. They may be used in your portfolio as a demonstration of your ability as long as credit to Fashionable Causes and other participants is given.